In accordance with the Equal Protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, Title IX and Oxnard Union High School District’s Board Policy 5132
Students are NOT permitted to wear:
Clothing and jewelry with writing/picture/indications of:
racial, ethnic or religious prejudice
- violence, tagging, gambling, the use of drugs or alcohol, gang affiliation, or any other illegal activity.
- profane, obscene, and sexually suggestive
- Professional sport team hats OR attire (jerseys, shirts, sweatshirts, beanies, etc)
- Swimwear or clothing that resembles swimwear as outerwear
- participating student athletes may wear appropriate attire during practice for the sport
- Underwear and undergarments or clothing that resembles underwear and undergarments as outerwear
- Sock-like footwear
Channel Islands High School’s student dress code supports equitable educational access. It does not reinforce stereotypes nor facilitate marginalization, discrimination, or oppression of any group based on race, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, cultural observance, socio-economic status, or body type/size. It is designed to create an environment for students to feel comfortable with themselves while learning in a safe and respectful academic environment.