Live Class Sessions:
- Student attendance and participation is required for 180 school days, this includes classes taught in a Distance Learning environment.
- Students will attend all live class sessions via Google Meet.
- Teachers will clearly communicate – by posting online or through email – the Google Meet link for each class.
- Live class sessions (Google Meet) will begin at the start time for each period.
- Teachers will take attendance during the class period.
- If a student has technical difficulties that prevents them from attending class, they must communicate with the teacher.
Present AND Checked In:
Students who participate in the live class session still need to be marked as Checked In by participating in Independent work using their Google Classroom or Canvas class.
- Canvas Classes – students log in and work on any activity. Their participation is recorded by Canvas.
- Google Classroom – students must fill in a Check In form each day to record their attendance and participation in the online class.
- Link for the Check In form will be prominently displayed in the Google Classroom.
Each night, a District computer search will record the participation of every student in each Canvas class and the completion of the Google Classroom Check In form – and will update attendance records.
Flexibility for students:
- If a student misses a Live class – they can be marked as Checked In* (late) if….
- they log in to that period’s Canvas or Google Classroom
- fill out a Check In form (Google Classroom only)
- work on assignment in that class before 11:59 pm that day
IMPORTANT – MAKE SURE YOU ARE ACCOUNTED FOR
- If a student DOES NOT log in to their online class and participate (and complete a Google Classroom Check In form)….even if they were present for the live session, they will be marked as an unexcused absence.
- Every Day – Every Student – Needs to log in to each of their Online Classes and participate.
- Every Day – Every Student in a Google Classroom – fills out the Check In Form.
- If a student is ill, has a medical appointment, or a funeral that causes them to miss the class session and prevents them from participating in the Independent class work – parents need to excuse that absence within three days of the absence.
- Parents can call in their absence, send an email through Parent Square or to email@example.com, or bring a hand written note to the school to excuse that absence.
- The normal truancy policy applies during Distance Learning. Office staff will be calling daily to determine why a student is not participating in live class sessions or independent work.IMPO